Thursday, December 17, 2009

Reflection

This game plan that I have developed has given me structure and direction as I make and follow through with my goals. The goals that I have had during the last few weeks are to inspire student learning and creativity and to design and develop digital-age learning experiences and assessments. By following my GAME plan I have been able to collaborate with other educators and work closely with my grade level team. Working with a group takes a lot of the pressure off and does not lead to an overwhelming process.
The impact that my learning has had on my instructional practice is that I am able to evaluate my goals as I work to towards meeting them. I am able to align my GAME plan with my standards and objectives.
Some of the adjustments I will make to my instructional practice are to include more technology. It is possible to use technology across the curriculum. This has become more evident to me throughout this course. I will incorporate digital storytelling in all subject areas. I will have my students work in groups to begin with and then eventually individually. They will hopefully learn what they need to from their group and then be able to branch out and work by themselves.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Using digital storytelling in all subjects is a lofty and admirable goal...I applaud and bow to you if you can do it! Whatever and how much of all this you do, your students will benefit from your enthusiasm, effort, and excitement.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Digital storytelling in all subjects sounds wonderful! Through the GAME plan process, my fifth grade science students are becoming more self directed in reaching their goals to complete assignments.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, the GAME Plan does provide structure and direction for people to reach their goals. This is why it would be an excellent tool to use with our students. Don't you think that children need us to guide them in the direction they should follow? If we want them to become independent learners who are self-motivated then we need to teach them goal setting early. It is something that we do unconsciously because we have had a lot of practice. I think our students would respond to the structure of the GAME Plan without feeling like their freedom to explore was taken away. It is almost like it provides a safety net to catch those wandering souls we all find in our classroom and bounce them right back into the right direction if they need it. At the same time to provide that extra nudge to get them started.
    I wish you lots of luck in your goals. You already are doing such wonderful things with your students and I cannot wait to see the direction you head next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah-

    I like the idea of collaborating with your grade level teachers to make the plan better. In our building the meeting schedule makes it hard to get together with grade level colleagues to make projects, but the collaboration could make for a great project. My team and I meet to make projects, but that is only 3 out of our 9 fifth grade teachers.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete