Monday, December 14, 2009

Using the GAME Plan Process with Students

Over the last few weeks using a GAME plan has given my classroom structure and guidance. My students can benefit from a daily GAME plan in many ways. It allows both the teacher and the students to stay on track with an outline and set times to follow.

I will use what I have learned in my GAME plan process with my students. The NETS-S technology standards are creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, research and information fluency, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, digital citizenship, technology operations, and concepts. These are skills that can benefit children of all ages and ones in which children should be actively working towards.

One way I will use a GAME plan is for student self-directed learning. Here they will have the goals, actions, monitoring, and evaluation on what they are learning in an authentic setting.

Another way I will use a GAME plan is for data-bases decision-making. This goes hand in hand with the Universal design for learning (UDL). This way, teachers can be flexible when using assessments.

The last way I would use a GAME plan with my students is when integrating technology into my math lessons. Here is another way students can utilize the computer for authentic learning experiences. Students can take all the parts of the NETS-S in order to engage in meaningful learning.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I have to agree with you that using your GAME plan allows you to develop a more self-directed learning environment and thus make it a powerful tool. We tend to forget in our nice small self contained classrooms that in the real world we are expected to find the answers on our own. To many of our students walk out of our school with all the answers but no idea how to find new answers if someone is not there to direct them to the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a wonderful GAME plan and high expectations for your students. You can turn your classroom into a high learning environment by focusing on the NETS.T standards. How do you plan on evaluating their progress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I appeared to have posted my comment in your reflection post. It is more relevant to this week's topic. Sorry about the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    I have to agree with what Virgil mentioned about how we as teachers sometimes forget when we are in our own little classroom that in the real world students are expected to find answers to problems on their own. By embracing a strategy that allows teachers and students to analyze, set goals, and monitor the progress made, the importance of self-directed learning is being reinforced.

    ReplyDelete